|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|sad||Adjective||Feeling sorrowful or unhappy||Yes|
|sap||Noun||A sticky liquid from plants||Yes|
|gap||Noun||An opening made by breaking or parting||Yes|
|gap||Verb||To make an opening in||Yes|
|bag||Noun||A flexible container made of cloth, paper, plastic, etc.||Yes|
|bag||Verb||To put into a sack||Yes|
|gag||Noun||Something put into a person's mouth to prevent speech, shouting, etc.||Yes|
|gag||Noun||A joke or other mischievous prank||Yes|
|gag||Verb||To choke or retch||Yes|
|hag||Noun||A witch or sorceress||Yes|
|hag||Noun||An ugly, old woman||Yes|
|lag||Adjective||Late; tardy; not on time||Yes|
|lag||Noun||A gap created by something not keeping up||Yes|
|lag||Verb||To not keep up, to fall behind||Yes|
|tag||Noun||A small label||Yes|
|tag||Noun||A game played by two or more children||Yes|
|tag||Verb||To label or mark something||Yes|
|tag||Verb||To hit a ball or object hard||Yes|
|can||Verb||To be able to; to know how to||Yes|
|can||Verb||To preserve by heating and sealing in container||Yes|
|can||Noun||A steel or aluminum container used to carry liquids||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window