|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|fan||Noun||A device used to move air||Yes|
|fan||Noun||An electrical device for moving air and cooling people||Yes|
|fan||Verb||To blow air on someone or something using a fan||Yes|
|pan||Noun||A wide, flat device used for cooking or frying||Yes|
|pan||Verb||To wash in a pan||Yes|
|ran||Verb||Past tense of run||Yes|
|tan||Noun||A yellowish-brown color||Yes|
|tan||Noun||A darkening of the skin from exposure to the sun||Yes|
|tan||Adjective||Something colored yellowish-brown||Yes|
|tan||Verb||To convert an animal hide into leather||Yes|
|van||Noun||A covered vehicle used for carrying goods||Yes|
|cap||Noun||A head covering||Yes|
|cap||Noun||A protective cover or seal||Yes|
|cap||Verb||To lie over or on top of something||Yes|
|map||Noun||A visual representation of the features of an area of the earth||Yes|
|map||Verb||To create a visual representation of a territory||Yes|
|nap||Noun||A short period of sleep, especially during the daytime||Yes|
|nap||Verb||To sleep for a short period of time||Yes|
|rap||Noun||A sharp blow with something hard||Yes|
|rap||Noun||A kind of music||Yes|
|rap||Verb||To strike something sharply with one's knuckles||Yes|
|rap||Verb||To speak lyrics in the style of rap music||Yes|
|jam||Noun||A sweet mixture of fruit often spread on bread or toast||Yes|
|jam||Noun||A difficult situation||Yes|
|jam||Verb||To play music||Yes|
|ham||Noun||Cured thigh meat from a pig||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
Next, practice these vocabulary words »
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window