|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|if||Conjunction||Assuming that; used to introduce a condition or choice||Yes|
|it||Pronoun||Refers to a non-human thing, an inanimate object||Yes|
|is||Verb||Third-person present form of be||Yes|
|bit||Noun||A device placed in a horse's mouth and connected to reins to direct the animal||Yes|
|bit||Noun||A rotary cutting tool fitted to a drill, used to make holes||Yes|
|bit||Noun||A small piece of something||Yes|
|bit||Verb||Past tense of bite||Yes|
|hit||Verb||To administer a blow to||Yes|
|hit||Verb||To come into contact with forcefully and suddenly||Yes|
|hit||Noun||A blow, a punch||Yes|
|sit||Verb||To be in a position in which the upper body and the legs are supported by some object||Yes|
|rid||Adjective||Released from an obligation or problem||Yes|
|rid||Verb||To free from something||Yes|
|lid||Noun||The top or cover of a container||Yes|
|sip||Noun||A small mouthful of a drink||Yes|
|sip||Verb||To drink slowly||Yes|
|tip||Noun||A small amount of money left as a token of appreciation||Yes|
|tip||Noun||The point of something, like the sharp end of a pencil||Yes|
|tip||Verb||To cause something to lean to one side||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window