|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|up||Adverb||Away from the center of the Earth||Yes|
|up||Preposition||Toward the top of||Yes|
|up||Verb||To increase or raise||Yes|
|us||Pronoun||The objective case of we, used as a direct or indirect object||Yes|
|cub||Noun||The young of certain animals such as the bear, fox, wolf, lion, and others||Yes|
|hub||Noun||The central part, usually cylindrical, of a wheel||Yes|
|rub||Noun||An act of rubbing||Yes|
|rub||Verb||To move one object while maintaining contact with another object||Yes|
|rub||Verb||To rub something against something else||Yes|
|bud||Noun||A newly formed leaf or flower that has not yet unfolded||Yes|
|bud||Noun||Short form of buddy||Yes|
|bud||Verb||To form buds||Yes|
|mud||Noun||A mixture of water and soil||Yes|
|dug||Verb||Past tense of dig||Yes|
|mug||Noun||A large cup for hot liquids, usually having a handle||Yes|
|mug||Verb||To assault for the purpose of robbery||Yes|
|pug||Noun||A small dog having a snub nose, wrinkled face, squarish body, short hair, and a curled tail||Yes|
|tug||Noun||A sudden powerful pull||Yes|
|tug||Verb||To pull or drag with great effort||Yes|
|tug||Verb||To tow by tugboat||Yes|
|jug||Noun||A large container commonly having a handle, a narrow neck, and sometimes a cork||Yes|
|sum||Noun||A quantity obtained by addition||Yes|
|sum||Noun||A quantity of money||Yes|
|sum||Verb||To add together||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window