|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|bony||Adjective||Resembling or relating to bone||Yes|
|bony||Adjective||Full of bones||Yes|
|bony||Adjective||With little flesh; skinny, thin||Yes|
|gory||Adjective||Covered with blood, very bloody||Yes|
|posy||Noun||A flower; a bouquet||Yes|
|duel||Noun||Combat between two persons||Yes|
|duel||Noun||A struggle between two contending ideas||Yes|
|duel||Verb||To engage in a duel||Yes|
|human||Adjective||Of or belonging to the species Homo sapiens||Yes|
|human||Adjective||Having the nature or attributes of a human being||Yes|
|human||Noun||A human being, whether man, woman, or child||Yes|
|unit||Noun||A standard measure of a quantity||Yes|
|unit||Noun||An organized group comprising of people and/or equipment||Yes|
|unit||Noun||A member of a military group||Yes|
|unit||Noun||A standard or basic quantity||Yes|
|unit||Noun||An item which may be sold singly||Yes|
|duly||Adverb||In a due, fit, or becoming manner; as it ought to be; properly||Yes|
|duly||Adverb||Regularly; at the proper time||Yes|
|fury||Noun||Strength or violence in action||Yes|
|jury||Noun||A group of individuals to hear and decide a case in a court of law||Yes|
|puny||Adjective||Of inferior size, strength, or significance||Yes|
|pupil||Noun||A student under the supervision of a teacher or professor||Yes|
|pupil||Noun||The hole in the middle of the iris of the eye, through which light passes to be focused on the retina||Yes|
|humid||Adjective||damp; moist; somewhat wet or watery||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window