|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|eddy||Noun||A current of air or water running back, or in a direction contrary to the main current||Yes|
|entry||Noun||The act of entering||Yes|
|entry||Noun||Permission to enter||Yes|
|entry||Noun||A doorway that provides a means of entering a building||Yes|
|entry||Noun||A small room immediately inside the front door of a house or other building||Yes|
|entry||Noun||An article in a dictionary or encyclopedia||Yes|
|entry||Noun||A record made in a log, diary, or similar book||Yes|
|envy||Noun||Resentful desire of something possessed by another or others||Yes|
|envy||Verb||Feel envy of||Yes|
|testy||Adjective||Easily annoyed, irritable||Yes|
|testy||Adjective||Marked by impatience or ill humor||Yes|
|selfish||Adjective||Holding one's self-interest as the standard for decision-making||Yes|
|selfish||Adjective||Regard for oneself above the well-being of others||Yes|
|civil||Adjective||Having to do with people and government office as opposed to the military or religion||Yes|
|civil||Adjective||Behaving in a reasonable or polite manner||Yes|
|ditty||Noun||A short verse or tune||Yes|
|giddy||Adjective||Very excited or happy||Yes|
|silly||Adjective||Foolish, showing a lack of good sense and wisdom||Yes|
|silly||Adjective||Irresponsible, showing irresponsible behaviors||Yes|
|silly||Adjective||Simple, not intelligent||Yes|
|livid||Adjective||Having a dark, bluish appearance||Yes|
|limit||Verb||To restrict; not to allow to go beyond a certain bound||Yes|
|limit||Noun||A restriction; a bound beyond which one may not go||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window