|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|rivet||Noun||A mechanical fastener||Yes|
|rivet||Verb||To attach or fasten parts by using rivets||Yes|
|rivet||Verb||To install rivets||Yes|
|rivet||Verb||To command the attention of spectators||Yes|
|linen||Noun||Thread or cloth made from flax fiber||Yes|
|linen||Noun||Domestic textiles, such as tablecloths, bedding, towels, etc.||Yes|
|millet||Noun||Any of a group of various types of grass or its grains used as food||Yes|
|culprit||Noun||The person or thing at fault for a problem or crime||Yes|
|clumsy||Adjective||Awkward, lacking coordination, not graceful||Yes|
|clumsy||Adjective||Not elegant or well-planned||Yes|
|funnel||Noun||A vessel of the shape of an inverted hollow cone, terminating below in a pipe||Yes|
|funnel||Verb||To use a funnel||Yes|
|funnel||Verb||To proceed through a narrow gap or passageway similar to a funnel||Yes|
|gully||Noun||A narrow channel worn away by the flow of water, especially on a hillside||Yes|
|gully||Noun||A road drain||Yes|
|bucket||Noun||A container, often with a handle, used to carry liquids or small items||Yes|
|bucket||Noun||The amount held in this container||Yes|
|bucket||Verb||To rain heavily||Yes|
|sullen||Adjective||Having a brooding ill temper; sulky||Yes|
|summon||Verb||To call people together; to convene||Yes|
|summon||Verb||To ask someone to come; to send for||Yes|
|summon||Verb||To order someone to appear in court, especially by issuing a summons||Yes|
|hurry||Noun||Rushed action; doing things quickly and often impatiently||Yes|
|hurry||Verb||To do things quickly||Yes|
|hurry||Verb||To speed up the rate of doing something||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window