|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|furry||Adjective||Covered with or resembling fur||Yes|
|furnish||Verb||To provide a place with furniture, or other equipment||Yes|
|furnish||Verb||To supply or give||Yes|
|burden||Noun||A heavy load||Yes|
|burden||Noun||A responsibility; obligation||Yes|
|burden||Noun||A cause of worry||Yes|
|burden||Verb||To load down with a burden||Yes|
|prudent||Adjective||Practically wise; careful; discreet; sensible||Yes|
|prudent||Adjective||Frugal; economical; not extravagant||Yes|
|frugal||Adjective||Economical, avoiding waste, thrifty||Yes|
|truly||Adjective||In actuality; really||Yes|
|truant||Adjective||Describing one who is absent without permission, especially from school||Yes|
|truant||Noun||One who is absent without permission, especially from school||Yes|
|ruin||Noun||Construction withered by time||Yes|
|ruin||Noun||The state of being a ruin, destroyed or decayed||Yes|
|ruin||Noun||Something which leads to serious troubles||Yes|
|ruin||Verb||To cause the ruin of||Yes|
|ruby||Noun||A clear, deep red variety of corundum, valued as a precious stone||Yes|
|ruby||Noun||A deep red color||Yes|
|ruby||Adjective||Of a deep red color||Yes|
|gruel||Noun||A thin, watery porridge||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window