|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|afloat||Adverb||Out at sea||Yes|
|afloat||Adverb||Making successful progress under one's own efforts||Yes|
|below||Preposition||Lower in spatial position than||Yes|
|below||Preposition||Lower in value than||Yes|
|below||Preposition||Unsuitable to the rank or dignity of||Yes|
|below||Adverb||In a lower place||Yes|
|below||Adverb||On a lower story||Yes|
|below||Adverb||On a lower deck||Yes|
|below||Adverb||Temperature less than zero||Yes|
|bemoan||Verb||To complain about; to dismay or worry about something||Yes|
|bestow||Verb||To present something to someone as a gift or honor||Yes|
|deplore||Verb||To bewail; to weep bitterly over; to feel sorrow for||Yes|
|abreast||Adverb||Informed, well-informed, familiar, acquainted||Yes|
|abreast||Adverb||Side by side, with breasts in a line||Yes|
|ahead||Adverb||In or to the front; in advance; onward||Yes|
|befriend||Verb||To make a friend of||Yes|
|beheld||Verb||To watch, look at||Yes|
|postpone||Verb||To delay or put off an event, appointment, etc.||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window