|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|tighten||Verb||To make tighter||Yes|
|tighten||Verb||To become tighter||Yes|
|tighten||Verb||To make money harder to borrow or obtain||Yes|
|tighten||Verb||To raise short-term interest rates||Yes|
|widen||Verb||To become wide or wider||Yes|
|widen||Verb||To make wide or wider||Yes|
|widen||Verb||To let out clothes to a larger size||Yes|
|widen||Verb||To broaden or extend in scope or range||Yes|
|broken||Adjective||Bent to the point of coming apart, but not necessarily in separate pieces||Yes|
|broken||Adjective||Not working properly||Yes|
|broken||Adjective||Completely defeated and dispirited||Yes|
|broken||Adjective||Badly designed or implemented||Yes|
|broken||Adjective||A single tactic or option which is powerful enough to be considered overpowered||Yes|
|broken||Verb||Past tense of break||Yes|
|cloven||Verb||Past tense of the verb to cleave meaning split or divide||Yes|
|cloven||Adjective||Split or divided||Yes|
|frozen||Adjective||In ice form||Yes|
|frozen||Verb||Past tense of freeze||Yes|
|golden||Adjective||Made of, or relating to gold||Yes|
|golden||Adjective||Having a color or other richness suggestive of gold||Yes|
|golden||Adjective||Marked by prosperity, creativity, etc.||Yes|
|golden||Adjective||Advantageous, gainful, profitable or very favorable||Yes|
|golden||Adjective||Relating to a fiftieth anniversary||Yes|
|fatten||Verb||To become fatter||Yes|
|fatten||Verb||To cause to be fatter||Yes|
|ravel||Verb||To pull apart especially cloth or a seam; unravel||Yes|
|ravel||Verb||To clarify by separation into simpler pieces||Yes|
|sadden||Verb||To make sad or unhappy||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window