|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|quicken||Verb||To make something quicker; to become quicker||Yes|
|quicken||Verb||To give life to; to come to life||Yes|
|risen||Verb||Past tense of rise||Yes|
|smitten||Adjective||Made irrationally enthusiastic||Yes|
|smitten||Verb||Past tense of smite||Yes|
|stiffen||Verb||To make stiff||Yes|
|stiffen||Verb||To become stiff||Yes|
|swivel||Noun||A fastening device that allows the thing fastened to turn around freely upon it, especially to turn in a full circle||Yes|
|swivel||Noun||A pivoted support that allows an attached object, such as a chair or gun, to turn in a horizontal plane||Yes|
|swivel||Noun||A swivel chair, a chair that turns on a pivot||Yes|
|swivel||Noun||A swivel gun, a gun that turns on a pivot||Yes|
|swivel||Verb||To turn or pivot on, or as if on, a swivel||Yes|
|swivel||Verb||To fasten by a swivel; furnish with a swivel||Yes|
|written||Adjective||Of, relating to, or characteristic of writing||Yes|
|written||Verb||Past tense of write||Yes|
|fasten||Verb||To attach or connect in a secure manner||Yes|
|glisten||Verb||To reflect light with a glittering luster; to sparkle, glint, or flash||Yes|
|glisten||Noun||A glittering shine; a flash of light, sparkle, or flash||Yes|
|drunken||Adjective||Drunk, state of intoxication after having drunk an alcoholic beverage||Yes|
|mutton||Noun||The flesh of sheep, especially full-grown or more mature sheep, used as food||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window