|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|balustrade||Noun||A rail along the edge of a balcony, terrace, bridge or staircase||Yes|
|alkali||Noun||Soda ash; caustic soda, caustic potash, etc.||Yes|
|alkali||Noun||One of a class of caustic bases, such as soda, potash, ammonia||Yes|
|alkali||Noun||Soluble mineral matter, other than common salt, contained in soils of natural waters||Yes|
|alkaline||Adjective||Of or relating to an alkali||Yes|
|alkaline||Adjective||Having a pH greater than 7||Yes|
|apogee||Noun||In an orbit around the Earth, the point that is most distant from the Earth||Yes|
|apogee||Noun||The highest point||Yes|
|asterisk||Noun||Symbol * , used to highlight a particular word or sentence, often to indicate a footnote||Yes|
|asterisk||Verb||To mark with an asterisk symbol *||Yes|
|azimuth||Noun||An arc of the horizon intercepted between the meridian of the place and a vertical circle passing through the center of any object:||Yes|
|azimuth||Noun||The quadrant of an azimuth circle||Yes|
|bachelor||Noun||An unmarried man||Yes|
|fabricate||Verb||To form into a whole by uniting its parts; to construct; to build||Yes|
|fabricate||Verb||To form by art and labor; to manufacture; to produce||Yes|
|fabricate||Verb||To invent and form; to forge; to devise falsely||Yes|
|galaxy||Noun||A collection of billions of stars, galactic dust, black holes, etc.||Yes|
|mastodon||Noun||Extinct elephant-like mammal that flourished worldwide||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window