|Word *||Part of Speech||Definition||Audio Available?|
|mackerel||Noun||An edible fish, often speckled||Yes|
|paragraph||Noun||A passage in text that is about a different subject from the preceding text, marked by commencing on a new line||Yes|
|paraphrase||Noun||A restatement of a text in different words, often to clarify meaning||Yes|
|paraphrase||Noun||A similar restatement as an educational exercise||Yes|
|paraphrase||Verb||To restate something as, or to compose a paraphrase||Yes|
|beverage||Noun||A liquid to consume, usually excluding water; a drink||Yes|
|democrat||Noun||A supporter of democracy||Yes|
|denizen||Noun||An inhabitant of a place; one who dwells in||Yes|
|denizen||Noun||One who frequents a place||Yes|
|density||Noun||A measure of the amount of matter contained by a given volume||Yes|
|edify||Verb||To instruct or improve morally or intellectually||Yes|
|emanate||Verb||To come from a source; stem out of||Yes|
|emphasize||Verb||To stress, give emphasis or extra weight to something||Yes|
|epicure||Noun||A person who is devoted to sensual pleasures or sensuous living||Yes|
|epicure||Noun||A person with highly refined tastes in food, wine, music, etc.||Yes|
Vocabulary Word Activities
- Use the word in an original sentence.
- Find and learn the definition of the word.
- Know how to pronounce the word.
- Which parts of speech is the word used as (e.g. noun, verb)?
- What are other forms of the word such as plurals or tenses.
- What are synonyms of the word?
- What are antonyms of the word?
- What is the origin or etymology of the word?
- What words rhyme with this word?
* Click the word for its dictionary entry in a new window